Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#104152 by prikindel
Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 pm
Hello.

I've been using OOMA with an Uniden phone for a year, and everything worked ok. Now I'm replacing the phone with Panasonic KX-TG155 (which is actually a different name for KX-TG764X series) and the phone voicemail doesn't seem to work. I want to use the phone's voicemail, not the OOMA's. I went thru some previous threads and I've set OOMA's voicemail to pick up after 6 rings, and the phone's after 4 rigns.

So I'm calling home from my cell and after the 4th ring, the Panasonic phone "seems to fire up" voice mail - it says "Answering..." on the display for a second, but it doesn't actually answer. Instead, after a second it just says "missed call", so it pretends as if I hung up and didn't leave a message. But because my cell continues calling, Panasonic rings again, and it treats that 5th ring as a new call!!! And then, after the 6th call, OOMA's greeting starts.

Please help me. I tried playing with settings, with no result.
Thank you!
#104155 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm
prikindel:
I would set the Ooma Voicemail to pick up after the max number of rings in My Ooma.

Sometimes the Ooma Servers don't update right away. After making the my Ooma Changes, you could dial *#*#298 witch forces the Ooma Servers to update sooner. (When you dial this number, you will just get a busy signal which is normal). Or you could power off the Ooma Telo for one hour, which causes the Ooma servers to update you Ooma profile, and then repower the Ooma Telo. Then test.
#104162 by prikindel
Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm
Uhhh actually there are more issues here. First there is no dial tone when I press TALK. Strange, because when I call home the phone shows right number on caller ID. Also when I call from my cell and press TALK to answer the call, it doesn't actuay answer.
#104163 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:38 pm
Are you plugging the Panasonic phone base directly into Ooma's "phone" port? If not, do so & test.

Power off the Panasonic phone base and power it back up again & test.

Change the phone cord between Panasonic phone base and Ooma & test.
#104167 by prikindel
Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm
Thanks for your time, guys, and I apologize for all these stupid puzzles.
I figured out what the problem was. It was a faulty phone cord. I replaced it with a brand new one, and everything works perfectly now.
Have a great day!