Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#103128 by nebebo
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm
Hey,
My ooma telo is all blue and the telo handsets work just fine. My Problem is any landline attached to the device keeps loosing the dialtone and service. I have been without landline phones now for 3 days. in order to make a call i have to use the telo cordless phones. Any Idea On how to fix this?
#103135 by southsound
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 pm
OK, let's start with some definitions. A landline phone is a phone that is connected to a telephone utility like CenturyLink or SBC. If you have landline phones, they are totally separate and not part of your ooma system (unless you have an older Telo that did the cursed "landline integration".)

I'm going to assume that you are talking about wired phones that used to be connected to the utility but you now want to use with your Telo. If that is the case, you need to disconnect the utility service from your Network Interface Box (the place where your utility connects to your home wiring) and connect the interior wiring to the PHONE jack of the Telo. If that is the case, please let us know and we can give you instructions for doing that.