Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#101317 by jacques
Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 pm
Itwould be nice to have an audible warning when we open the phone that we have at least one recorded message. I can no longer trust the phone display that doesn't default back to 0 messages anymore...even after erasing them. The Ooma website is accurate but not my panasonic display. It just aggregates all messages total. Now says 32 messages. It used to go back to 0 and the line beeped to warn i had messages when i used bell telephone.
#101326 by Leeway
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm
It sounds like you are using your Panasonic answering and not the Ooma system??? Ooma keeps track of the messages it records for you. If you have a Panasonic phone with an answering machine system it is recording your messages before the Ooma system does.

A Panasonic phone would not show you the count for messages that Ooma has recorded. The Panasonic is counting messages that it recorded.

Pick up your Panasonic phone and dial your very own number which will connect you to the Ooma answering system. Listen to what it will all tell you and make any changes you want to. You will also find more settings in your Ooma online account.

Donna
#101818 by StevenJohn
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 pm
I think Donna is correct. You would need to turn off the Panasonic answer in order for the Ooma answer to work correctly. Look in the Panasonic manual to see how to turn off the auto answer.

Steve
#101826 by thunderbird
Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:08 pm
Access My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/voicemail and make sure that Voicemail pick-up time is set to four Rings.

Access you Panasonic User's manual and set the Panasonic phone system Voicemail pick-up time to five rings.

Or as I have done, using our Panasonic DECT 5 Plus Wireless talking phone system, turn off the Voicemail feature all together in the Panasonic phone system.

If your Panasonic handsets have the feature of the blinking light at the top of each Panasonic handset, when a phone message is available in the Ooma Telo Voicemail Broadband Answering Machine; the Panasonic handset light will still blink, when a new voicemail is recorded and available, in the Ooma Telo Voicemail Broadband Answering Machine.