Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#101121 by murphy
Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 am
You don't have to make a choice.

If the Ooma answer ring count is higher than the V-Tech answer ring count the V-Tech will answer.
If you turn the V-Tech answering machine off then Ooma will answer.
You can try both methods and pick the one you prefer.

It's not a completely free phone service.
You can't avoid the federal and state and local taxes and fees.
#101148 by Leeway
Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 am
Personally, I use both my Panasonic and the Ooma answering. I have mine set to 4 rings and the Ooma set to 6 rings.

I do that because if I get a flash call while I'm on the phone and I choose not to pick it up, that call goes into my Ooma answer service. I simply glance at my caller ID when I get the flash, and I see it is not an important call so I don't grab the flash. Then, that person goes to my Ooma answering machine and they can leave a message.

Actually, the message at my Ooma service says "I am on the phone right now but I'll call you back in a few minutes". My Panasonic message is the routine normal one "you have dialed etc". That's the one that triggers first.

Donna
#101168 by WJBertrand
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 am
I really like the Ooma voice message forwarding. I automaticall get an email with an attached audio file of the message on my smart phone or my computer. Never miss a message. What's also kinda neat is that I can then in turn forward the email and attached VM to someone else. Though the kids are all out of the house, we still receive messages for them occassionally. If I let the answering machine pick up the message instead of the Ooma service, then I have to remember to call home to retrieve any messages, or just wait until I get home.
#101458 by Davesworld
Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:26 pm
Personally, I seek out phones without answering machines. For whatever reason the US gets more phones containing answering machines than in any other market. This isn't 1991 for crying out loud!
#103531 by Nargg
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am
You could also setup Google Voicemail with your Ooma system if you want to. Just an idea...