Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#96657 by TravelDave
Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 am
Just set up the Ooma as follows:

Modem -> Sprint Airave -> Ooma -> Router -> PC
All of the lights on the Ooma are solid blue

I get the Ooma dial tone, but when I try to dial a number, nothing happens. I have tried with a cordless phone and with an old corded phone.

It seems to be able to receive calls, but it's a one-way conversation (I can hear the caller on the Ooma, but the caller can't hear me).

Internet is working fine.

Any suggestions?
#96658 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 am
TravelDave wrote:Just set up the Ooma as follows:

Modem -> Sprint Airave -> Ooma -> Router -> PC
All of the lights on the Ooma are solid blue

I get the Ooma dial tone, but when I try to dial a number, nothing happens. I have tried with a cordless phone and with an old corded phone.

It seems to be able to receive calls, but it's a one-way conversation (I can hear the caller on the Ooma, but the caller can't hear me).

Internet is working fine.

Any suggestions?

If you are new to Ooma, you can set up a second phone number for your trial Ooma Premier period. Then test with your second number to see if there is a problem with the first number.

or you could contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#97598 by upstater
Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:35 pm
I have had the same problem occasionally. With me when this has happened, my corded phone does not ring for an incoming call, but the Ooma handset does. I get a dial tone on the corded phone, but cannot make calls out on it. I can make calls out on the Ooma handset.

As soon as I reboot Ooma (unplug the power cord for approx. ten seconds, plug back in, then wait about a minute while it goes though the "light show") it works fine.
#98200 by rascole
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 pm
I have had the same problem for 2 weeks now. Ooma support has yet to respond to my emails for help. The chat support is as worthless as tits on a bull. All they do is tell me to call or email I have tried every thing possible that read about here. Selling my Telo this weekend if it is not fixed.
#98213 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 am
First:
Make sure you have the Ooma dial tone.

Next:
If using an Ooma Telo, for dialing out, dial *98 or *96 before the number. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Next:
For the inbound call problem, power off the Ooma device for One hour. Then repower the Ooma device. Powering off the Ooma device for one hour causes the Ooma Servers to rebuild your Ooma profile.