Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#95680 by Seir
Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm
direct to voice mail?

I'm new to the whole Ooma thing (about a month or so now). Loving the quality but have seen some quirks. I've got a Premier membership and have two phone numbers. The first line was ported from CenturyLink and we are trying to fix the caller ID now (seems to take a very long time to do). The second line remains the temporary number chosen from the nearby area; eventually we will port our other CenturyLink number over to it.

Now, I've played around with all of the privacy and blacklist settings to try and stop this but when I dial my main number from my second number I go straight to voice mail. Is this normal?

I've also noticed that the caller ID on the second line comes through as "Unknown Name"; is there something I'm missing or do I need to call support for that as well?

Anyway, the main question is why one ooma line can't call the other? Do I need to bump up something in the QoS? My setup is Modem (DSL) to Ooma Hub to network router so the Ooma hub is running the show...

Thanks
#95682 by murphy
Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm
Two lines on an Ooma box can not call each other.
There is one reported exception. If both numbers have the same area code dial the 7 digit number followed by the # key.
I can't verify this since my two numbers have different area codes.

The intercom function may solve your problem.
#110081 by omegagx
Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 am
I have the same issue. I can't call the Linx secondary number from my primary Telo number and I can't call my primary Telo number from my secondary number. I don't see it anywhere in the Ooma documentation or any online FAQ. Is this a feature or a bug? If it's working as designed, why isn't it mentioned anywhere in the documentation?
#110139 by Tom
Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm
When I dial my main number from my second number I go straight to voice mail.

Is this a feature or a bug?

This is normal and yes this is a feature. This way you can leave voicemail for members of the household who have private numbers (or vice versa). As murphy says use the intercom function if you want to call the party. Use the handset intercom menu or these star codes /viewtopic.php?t=14903
#110140 by omegagx
Tue May 21, 2013 1:49 pm
If it's a feature, why isn't it described anywhere in the documentation or a FAQ? The Linx phone line with a virtual # is described as a separate standalone line without any limitations. This should be mentioned somewhere and included in the documentation.
#113120 by funkyjohn
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but maybe it will help someone searching for answers. I have the telo with the Linx set up for the 2nd line. I am able to call the other phone line by using the following * codes:

*09 to dial all intercoms
*10 to dial all intercoms except the telo phone port

Line 1 to line 2 can use either. Line 2 to line 1 only can use *09. This is an acceptable workaround for me. Hope this helps someone else.