Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#94162 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am
tkramer wrote:Pressing the volume button, does nothing anymore. I did call support and luckily that Telo is under warranty so I'm swapping it out.

I can try the power off for an hour since the device isn't here yet.

thunderbird wrote:
tkramer wrote:I have had this exact same issue on a Telo and started last week.

The sound will not adjust, the voice mail is lit up and I can retrieve it from the web or from the phone. Just not from the Telo button.

I have tried resetting with the 20 minutes, holding the Ooma logo on boot, nothing seems to fix the issue.

Can you adjust the voice volume level on the face of the Ooma Telo. When you press the volume button can you hear 1, 2, 3, 4 ?

Try a one hour power off for the Ooma Telo, then repower and see what happens.

Also try the Factory Reset.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.
#94201 by tkramer
Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 am
thunderbird wrote:Try a one hour power off for the Ooma Telo, then repower and see what happens.

thunderbird wrote:Also try the Factory Reset.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

My set up is very simple. it's hardwired to my switch.

I did the one hour power off and the *#*#099 reset. Nothing has brought the speaker volume back. Luckily my replacement arrives today. Very odd that it happened to several units at about the same time.

Has any one elses started to work again?
#94202 by traveler
Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am
i left mine off for the whole night and then restarted it nothing different. So I guess I need to contact customer service...
#96951 by traveler
Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm
contacted customer service, they contacte me, but then didn't check back in. Still no sound coming from the telo which is frustrating. So I guess I have a telo that everything is plugged into but doesn't work. At least it has pretty blue lights
#96952 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:37 pm
traveler, other than Telo speaker not working, does everything else work? Can you make and receive calls? When you pick up the phone and press the play button, can you listen to your messages that way?
#98002 by sga000
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 am
I received my Ooma a week ago (Groupon deal). I had the problem of not being able to press the buttons from the very beginning, but I thought it didn't matter much since I would rarely care about touching the Ooma. But when the logo started flashing red today from out of nowhere and my internet was gone all of a sudden (I have the Ooma between my modem and router), I called Ooma support. Actually, I fiddled around for 1-2 hours first, got it back up and running, not knowing what fixed it, and then called support.

I told them about both the button issue and the flashing red logo issue, mostly concentrating on the nonresponsive buttons. It never seemed right, and I probably should have reported it the first day. Anyway, they are sending a replacement...should be here in 3-5 business days. Based on what I read here, it seems like this issue has been around for several months, and yet they are still sending out these "bad" devices? I can't see how this could get through quality control. For me, if I "tap" lightly or hard on the volume or brightness (or others), nothing happens "most of the time". If I "swipe" across the button, from top to bottom, it may work one out of every 10-15 times.

I sure hope I don't get another one like this!

EDIT: Just to be clear, my problem really did not match the title of this thread, "Voicemail does not play". I did a google search for my issue with the buttons "not working", and this thread showed up. So I joined the forum! My problem is that ALL the buttons doing nothing most of the time when they are pressed. I could talk and listen to voice mail through a phone connected to Ooma. But since I couldn't press the voice mail button on the Ooma, in that sense, I guess the title does apply!

As far as the red light flashing today, I see a post saying there was an internet outage in my area today, so that could explain that problem.
#99348 by traveler
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am
Everything else works fine but still no voicemail being heard when people leave a message. Any fixes to this issues yet?
#99349 by murphy
Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am
traveler wrote:Everything else works fine but still no voicemail being heard when people leave a message. Any fixes to this issues yet?

Are you talking about listening to the message as the caller leaves it (call screening)?
Do you hear numbers being voiced as you repeatedly press the leftmost button in the top row?
You should hear 1, 2, 3, 4, and nothing. As the numbers increase the volume level goes up. The nothing position is voice disabled.

Do you have call screening enabled in your my.ooma account?
Are you a Premier subscriber or are you in your Premier free trial?