Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#90248 by nuckythompson
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm
I've recently set up Ooma for my house, I've been able to receive calls and I get the Ooma dial tone when I attempt to place a call but when I dial out I always get a busy signal. I've reset my modem, Ooma and switched out phones to no avail. I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks!
#90249 by thunderbird
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm
nuckythompson wrote:I've recently set up Ooma for my house, I've been able to receive calls and I get the Ooma dial tone when I attempt to place a call but when I dial out I always get a busy signal. I've reset my modem, Ooma and switched out phones to no avail. I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks!

If you have an Ooma Hub, try dialing *99 before the number.
If you have an Ooma Telo, try dialing *98 or *96 before dialing the number.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Also report this problem to Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#90250 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm
One of the reasons you may have this situation is when you try to call numbers with same area code with 10 digits.

If you have a habit of dialing all 10 digits, set your system preference to enable 10 digit dialing: https://my.ooma.com/system
#90251 by highq
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:37 pm
Don't put it past Jimmy Darmody, Princeton education and all, to be the likely cause of your troubles.
#90252 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 pm
highq wrote:Don't put it past Jimmy Darmody, Princeton education and all, to be the likely cause of your troubles.

Boardwalk might be the culprit :cool: