Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#89218 by acemaker
Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:11 am
We had a power outage here in NH and when power was restored my Ooma box won't connect. There is a red light on where it usually is blue. Plus the top 4 buttons are also lit up red. 1-2 Then just below that the trash button and voice mail icon are llt also.
I have unplugged the power and I still have the same issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jay
#89221 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:00 am
acemaker wrote:We had a power outage here in NH and when power was restored my Ooma box won't connect. There is a red light on where it usually is blue. Plus the top 4 buttons are also lit up red. 1-2 Then just below that the trash button and voice mail icon are llt also.
I have unplugged the power and I still have the same issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jay

Unplug (remove power from) your Ooma device for at least 20 minutes. Then repower the Ooma Device.

If that doesn't work, temporarily connect your Ooma device's Internet port to one of your Router LAN ports, using a network cable. Temporarily connect your Router WAN port to the Modem using a network cable. Temporarily connect a network cable from the Ooma device's Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Remove power from the Modem, Router, Ooma, and computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, Repower the Ooma device. When the Ooma device is done booting, or will boot as far as it will go, repower the computer.
If after the reboots you achieve the blue Ooma symbol, go no farther. But if the Ooma symbol is still flashing red, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. Click on the Internet tab at the upper left side of the window. Go down to Connection type: and in the blank following, click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Go down to the bottom of the page and Click on Update Device. Remove power from the Modem, Router, Ooma, and computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, Repower the Ooma device. When the Ooma device is done booting, repower the computer.

If all goes well, reconfigure your home LAN and Ooma as you wish. But if that doesn't work, access Ooma Setup again and click on the Status tab. Look under Network and see if TO INTERNET port: shows Connected: with an IP address to the right. If it does show connected, go down to OOMA Tunnel: and see it shows connected to the right. If it doesn’t show connected, you will have to call Ooma Customer Support and have them give your Ooma profile a "kick Start" to get the Ooma Tunnel connected.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89237 by HotTub
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:34 am
acemaker wrote:I called tech support and the gal that answered the phone fixed my issue.
Thank you....

Is it only me or would anyone else like to know what Tech Support suggested Acemaker do to fix his problem? :?