Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#88774 by miscrap
Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:05 am
Brand new to Ooma, just switched from Vonage. Liking it so far, but I have a question. How do I know when I have a new voicemail? With Vonage, my dial tone would beep. With Ooma, I have a steady dialtone. My Ooma device is downstairs, near my router, and not visible upstairs on the phones I normally use, so the flashing light is no help. Is there some way to get an audible notification on my upstairs phones?

Also, if I listen to my voicemail on my computer, does that remove it from the "new voicemail" list? If I listen to a vm and it turns out to be for another family member, I'd like to keep it as new on my phone.

Thanks!
#88777 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:34 am
Telo handset(s) and most newer phones connected to the Telo would let you know (visual indicator) when you got a VM.

After listening to VM online, you can mark them as "new" or "heard." "New" will blink your Ooma device (a few minutes delay sometimes).

murphy wrote:If you start to play a message that is not for you, press >>| (fast forward) to skip to the next message. The message will still be marked as new, and the Play button will continue to blink after you have finished listening to your other messages.