Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87937 by red
Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm
Hi, for the last five days or so I've noticed that every morning the tab on my ooma hub lights red instead of blue and as a consequence I have no dial tone and no functioning internet connection. The cable modem has all lights on. I've been able to get back on line by disconnecting power from the hub for 30 seconds or so, then plugging it back in. When the hub has finished its startup sequence the tab is blue and all is working again.

My configuration is cable modem -> ooma hub -> network router.

Any ideas what might be wrong, or how to trouble-shoot?
#87939 by murphy
Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 pm
Connect to the Hub's setup page http://setup.ooma.com
Go to the network page.
Select Use builtin MAC address and then click update.
#88012 by red
Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did that yesterday, and rebooted both the cable modem and the ooma hub. However, we still had the same problem again this morning. Any other ideas?
#88285 by red
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 am
As mentioned above, the problem did occur again the night after fixing the MAC address on the ooma hub.

However, after that the system has been stable. I didn't do anything else, but the problem went away. The hub has been stable for a week now, so I'm back and happy.