Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#86639 by Morac
Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm
I am trying to test blocking my number of my iPhone (AT&T) and calling my Ooma number. If I call my main number, I always see my number and name, even when I block my number. If I call my 2nd line, my number is blocked. I tried calling my brother (also AT&T) and he said it was blocked. I also tried calling my Google Voice number and it recognized my cell as one of my number (i.e. it knew my number).

I don't know if the problem is with AT&T or Ooma, but I find it odd that calling one number results in a blocked call, but the other does not.

Any ideas on what's going on?
#86640 by Morac
Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 pm
I'm wondering if the contact list somehow overrides call blocking. I'm chatting with an AT&T guy and he said that my number shouldn't be going out, so Ooma shouldn't be getting it. I'm still confused.
#86643 by Morac
Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 pm
lbmofo wrote:Tried to replicate on Hub and Telo, shared numbers or private number....can't repeat what you are experiencing.

I have a feeling it's an issue with AT&T though they claim it isn't (they blamed my phone which makes no sense). It seems to only affect alling my main Ooma number and my Google Voice number as far as I can tell. At least of the 5 numbers I called, only those two failed to get blocked. Though that makes testing anonymous caller id blocking tricky since I can't use my cell phone.