Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#85950 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm
Hey all, I have a Hub (white Ooma) and Scout combo. Of course, I had no phone service this morning just like everybody, due to the outage. I left to go to work, and service was restored long before I came home tonight.

What I have noticed that is different, is that although I've gotten several voicemails in the last few hours, the voicemail "message waiting" button does not light up at all. Same goes for my Scout, no light there either, blinking or otherwise.

I wouldn't have known there was a voicemail waiting, except that I got the notification emails (at least that's working). The voicemails also appear on http://my.ooma.com. Regarding one of these calls, I was here when the call arrived but could not pick up just then. The call went to voicemail, and again, they left a message, but no lights illuminated on my Ooma hardware. I also left myself two test messages with the same results.

I also do not see the usual "voicemail waiting" indicator on my phones' displays, which makes sense. After all, if my hub & scout "haven't gotten the memo," then the hub certainly can't relay that signal to the phones, either.

I've already power cycled a couple of times, to no avail, but this seems to be the only persistent issue. The only one I've noticed, anyway.

Anybody got any ideas? Have any of you experienced this problem yourselves?

Cheers,
Mike-o-Matic
#85976 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:51 am
Thanks Bobby, I see it is working for me again this morning.

For debugging purposes: I had one new message waiting with no lights this morning. I left another test message for myself, and the lights came on.

You must have had a VERY long day yesterday. I just want to say "thanks" for that! We customers would never get that kind of dedication from the Death Star or Verizonked. :-D
#86020 by EBDeWitt
Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 am
I also want to say thanks

I would like you to be fixing the problem not twittering away all day telling everyone exactly what you are doing. I have been there and you need to concentrate on fixing things.

Ooma may need to have others that can twitter but leave it up to sales for that.

thanks again for the quick response to a large problem.

No I don't work for or have any affiliation with Ooma.