Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#84594 by lassigp
Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm
I have had my Ooma for about 2 years and have had no problems. My daughter recently bought an Ooma(Telo) and since she set it up there seems to be problems between our 2 systems. Previously her phone calls to my Ooma would automatically be forwarded to my cell phone. Since setting up her Ooma her calls are no longer forwarded. All other calls that I receive from other people are forwarded. Also when I call her from my Ooma and leave a voicemail it is inaudible. She says it sounds like a slow garbled computer voice. She said she does not have this problem from other non Ooma callers. I am wondering if there is some type of incompatibility between our 2 systems.
#84595 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm
lassigp wrote:I have had my Ooma for about 2 years and have had no problems. My daughter recently bought an Ooma(Telo) and since she set it up there seems to be problems between our 2 systems. Previously her phone calls to my Ooma would automatically be forwarded to my cell phone. Since setting up her Ooma her calls are no longer forwarded. All other calls that I receive from other people are forwarded. Also when I call her from my Ooma and leave a voicemail it is inaudible. She says it sounds like a slow garbled computer voice. She said she does not have this problem from other non Ooma callers. I am wondering if there is some type of incompatibility between our 2 systems.

First:
Both of you, you and your daughter do the following:
Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profiles. Then repower the Ooma device, then test by leaving a voicemail on your daughter's Ooma phone system. Also check out the forwarding.

Next if you still have problems, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

We don't hear much about Ooma to Ooma problems, so let us know how you come out.
#84597 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm
Call forwarding isn't officially supported on Ooma to Ooma calls. This is on the short-list of items we're working on, but I don't have an estimate yet on when we might see this out in the field.