Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#85474 by stewartpe
Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:16 pm
***SOLUTION!***

The problem is in the timing. Punch in your PIN while the voice is still talking. If you wait until she stops talking, it's too late.

The same applies when you call remotely to pick up your messages. Press * as soon as you hear your greeting. When the female voice comes on, enter your PIN as fast as you can, followed by #

Good luck!
Last edited by stewartpe on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#85475 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 pm
I was setting one up yesterday. I punched the 4 digit pin slower the 2nd time around and it worked.
#86164 by CatLuvr500
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm
I had the same issue today. I finally ended up using a PIN with 7 digits and it worked. The setup would not accept anything less. A message also kept interrupting, so there may be something buggy going on! At any rate, try 7 digits to see if that works.
#86453 by pdono
Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:27 am
Same issue here. Tried 4, 6, 7, 8 digits.

Tried an older phone. Nope.

Finally tried the rapid entry trick reported here. That worked, but I can't say it wasn't a coincidence, since others had success using other "solutions". In any case, this is a bug that Ooomla needs to fix.