Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#83860 by richalger
Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:41 pm
I cannot get to setup.ooma.com. It resolves to 172.27.35.1 but is does not respond. It did work before, several months ago.

I am using OpenDNS. I had set it in the hosts file to that IP I think because of that.

Any insight?
#83862 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 pm
richalger wrote:I cannot get to setup.ooma.com. It resolves to 172.27.35.1 but is does not respond. It did work before, several months ago.

I am using OpenDNS. I had set it in the hosts file to that IP I think because of that.

Any insight?

Have you tried accessing Ooma Setup by temporarily using a network cable connected from the Ooma device's Home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open.

Here are five things that I know of that could prevent access to Ooma Setup.

One, the Home Port IP address Numbers have been changed:
With a computer's wired LAN port connected with a network cable, to the Home port of your Ooma Device, and after a computer reboot, click on the Start Menu in your computer. Next click on Run. The Run window opens. Type cmd in the Open: block and click Ok. A dos window opens. To the right of C:\ (and what ever else in the string) type ipconfig/all and hit Enter. The IP address that is to the right of Default Gateway is the IP address that you type in your computer browser window to access Ooma Setup. If it is http://172.27.35.1 and you still can't access Ooma Setup, then do the following:

Two, a static IP address has been entered in the computer's Local Area Connection IP setup:
For Windows XP, right click on My Network Places, then Properties. Then right click on Local Area Connection, then Properties. Local Area connection window opens. Under the General tab, This connection uses the following items: scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). High light Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), but don't uncheck the box in front of Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Click on Properties below. Make sure that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are both checked. Click Ok on that window and click Ok on the next window. Reboot the computer and try the address that you found to the right of Default Gateway. The Ooma Setup pages should open.
For window Vista & 7 use http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... P-settings.

Three, browser conflict:
Use Firefox and try.

Four, computer firewall or virus software prevents access:
Temporarily disable firewall and virus software and try.

Five, the Ooma Devices software is damaged:
Maybe a firmware update might correct the problem. I have heard of people trying to have the current Firmware version reloaded in their Ooma device, but no one has ever posted and said that they were successful.
#83864 by murphy
Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm
richalger wrote:I cannot get to setup.ooma.com. It resolves to 172.27.35.1 but is does not respond. It did work before, several months ago.

Any insight?

setup.ooma.com depends on the error that occurs when you make the request. Opendns intercepts the error and will prevent the connection. If you are using opendns the only way to make the connection is with

http://172.27.35.1

from a computer connected to the Home port. If the computer is a wireless laptop you MUST disable it's radio first.
#88819 by bukzin
Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm
I tried 172.27.35.1 with both Safari and Atomic browsers
on my ipad2.

Both failed to connect.
#88822 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:58 pm
If your Ooma is connected to the router, you'd need to temporarily connect your computer to the Home port of Ooma to access that page. Once connected, you can setup port forwarding so you don't have to do that anymore; just get to Ooma by router assigned IP. Check this out: viewtopic.php?t=12372#p86665