Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#83283 by freddri
Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:25 pm
There was a storm and now I have no dial tone.

There was a surge protector and the lights are on just as they were before. I unplugged everything and restarted the system. Is there anything else to do? I also reset the surge protector.
#83285 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 pm
freddri wrote:There was a storm and now I have no dial tone.

There was a surge protector and the lights are on just as they were before. I unplugged everything and restarted the system. Is there anything else to do? I also reset the surge protector.

Connect from your Ooma Telo Internet port to one of the router LAN ports.

Power the Ooma Telo.

Are you seeing at the Ooma Telo Internet port two tiny lights, one solid, and one flashing once in awhile?

If you aren't you Ooma Telo is probably defective. It could be your power adapter or the Ooma device. If you do see these lights, let your Ooma Telo boot as far as it will boot. If it boots all of the way, stop here.

Temporarily access Ooma Setup by connecting a network cable from the Ooma Telo Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer. Restart the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open.

Click on Internet, go to Connection type: and click the down arrow. Select Dynamic (DHCP).

Go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and click on Use Built In. Click on Update Device.

Reboot the Router. When the Router is done booting, reboot the Ooma Telo.

If these things doesn't help contact Ooma Customer Service. Maybe they can see something from their side.

If your Ooma Telo is defective and within the one year warranty period, Ooma will send you out shipping prepaid a replacement Ooma Telo, along with a prepaid shipping label to return the defective Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#83288 by freddri
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm
I did everything you recommended. The only thing is that one the main home page, I see this:

Wall Port: No landline detected

Can that be the issue?
#83289 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 pm
freddri wrote:I did everything you recommended. The only thing is that one the main home page, I see this:

Wall Port: No landline detected

Can that be the issue?

No, that's normal. Make sure your phone is connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port.

How about when you click on the Status page in Ooma Setup.

What do you see to the right of TO INTERNET port: ?

What do you see to the right of OOMA Tunnel: ?

Can you access http://www.google.com?

Try removing power from your Ooma Telo for 15 minutes. Then repower the Ooma Telo and listen for a dial tone.
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#83290 by freddri
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 pm
will do, this is what I see on the status page

TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ 192.168.1.73 ]
HOME NETWORK port: Connected: [ 172.27.35.1 ]
OOMA Tunnel: Connected
#83291 by freddri
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm
ervices:

Telephony: 886 - Running
DNS: 519 - Running
Webserver: 576 - Running
VPN: 1314 - Running
Free: 194864
Ooma services:

Instant Second Line™: Active
Voicemail: Active
Do Not Disturb and Send-to-Voicemail: Inactive
Three-Way Conferencing: Inactive
Google Voice Extensions: Inactive
Enhanced Inbound Caller-ID: Inactive
DHCP Leases

Timestamp MAC Address IP Address
1308314647 00:23:8b:e2:df:70 172.27.35.115
#83292 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:27 pm
freddri wrote:will do, this is what I see on the status page

TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ 192.168.1.73 ]
HOME NETWORK port: Connected: [ 172.27.35.1 ]
OOMA Tunnel: Connected

Everthing is working.

First:
Maybe the lighting strike got the phone?
If you don't have a dial tone, try connecting a different phone to the Ooma Telo's Phone port and test.

Second:
Try removing power from your Ooma Telo for 15 minutes. Then repower the Ooma Telo and listen for a dial tone. Powering off the Ooma device for 15 minutes and then bringing it back online gives enough time for the VPN profile to reinitialize on the Ooma server-side.

Third, this is a long shot if you don't have a dial tone, but:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to the Telo to issue a factory reset.
#83388 by freddri
Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 pm
is there any way to test the port to the wall or phone? I cannot get a dial tone still so I cannot reset the OOMA
#83391 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:04 pm
freddri wrote:is there any way to test the port to the wall or phone? I cannot get a dial tone still so I cannot reset the OOMA

I think it's time to call Ooma.

If your Ooma Telo is defective and within the one year warranty period, Ooma will send you out shipping prepaid a replacement Ooma Telo, along with a prepaid shipping label to return the defective Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST