Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#82172 by mauikitesurfer
Wed May 25, 2011 11:24 am
I have an 866 number being pointed to my new OOMA number (just signed up today). I set up the voicemail and everything is working fine with one exception. When I call the 866 number I do not get my voicemail, I simply get a user is not available message. However, when I dial the OOMA number directly the voicemail works fine.

This will be a deal breaker for me, not sure if this can be fixed.

Anyone else have this issue?
#82173 by lbmofo
Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 am
This tells me the 866 repointing isn't working right. Check with your toll free number forwarding folks?
#82174 by murphy
Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 am
Does the 866 number also have voice mail?
If so, is it set to answer before 4 rings?
#82175 by mauikitesurfer
Wed May 25, 2011 11:35 am
I have disabled the 866 voice mail. I have also noticed when I dial the 866 number the telephone connected to the OOMA system is ringing, but the person calling does not hear a ringing sound. The ringing on the calling party does not start until 3-4 rings on the phone.

When I dial the OOMA number direct, the rings are in sync.
#82179 by mauikitesurfer
Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 pm
Now this is really bizarre. If I activate my voice mail service with my 866 subscriber (get800today.com) I can get my OOMA voice mail ! If I do not activate the voice mail with the 866 provider, the call will never go to my OOMA voice mail. This is really odd.

Any thoughts? this would not be an issue, but my 866 provider charges $4 a month for voice mail service I should be getting for free.

I am wondering if OOMA and get800today.com are in some way sharing voice mail systems.
#82181 by lbmofo
Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm
I think what maybe happening is your Ooma VM pickup time is too long. Shorten it and try again with your 1800 VM disabled.
#82200 by mauikitesurfer
Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm
I think that did the trick, had to set it at 3 rings. Still a delay from when the phone rings and when the caller hears a ringing sound. Concerned my customers may hang up if it takes to long. Other than that I am super impressed with OOMA, light years better than Vonage.

Call quality has been excellent, spoke with five customers today and asked them about the quality. All of them thought I was on a land line.