Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#81952 by frogman_usn
Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am
A little help here, I am not sure what is going on but my Ooma has been working great for a year now. Still have the blue light, but from time to time when I call out I dont here the ringing in my ear (side tone)..the other side just picks up and says "hello?" Also from time to time I call my Ooma from my cell and my house line does not ring..it just goes into the Ooma VM. I do have the RJ-11 plugged into the phone port on the HUB not the Wall port. I have the line going from my Hub to the wall jack in my house to distribute the calls to all the jacks in the house.

P.S. I am using the older Hub, not the Telo.
#81959 by thunderbird
Mon May 23, 2011 9:21 am
frogman_usn wrote:The phone is new, and it has been working fine for over a year. Also, there are times when the calls dont even ring through to the house line, it just goes into the Ooma voice mail.

Try rebooting the Ooma Hub.

For the Sidetone issue I would still test with a different phone only connected, just to make sure.

Next:

It appears that the Ooma software sometimes gets confused, and cycling the Envelope button has at least temporarily helped others, when the phone call goes directly into voice mail.