Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#79584 by tkc9789
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:49 am
What's the correct configuration so I can listen to v-mail from my cell? The notification said to dial my Ooma number, then *.
When I called my Ooma number, home phone starts ringing. Not sure when the "*" key should be entered. Thanks.
#79585 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:52 am
When ooma lady vm greeting starts, you can press *.
You can set Ooma to reject anonymous calls (send to VM), use your cell phone to call home blocking callerid (*67 prefix) then you'll get into your VM immediately so you can press * right away.
#79851 by nn5i
Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 am
tkc9789 wrote:What's the correct configuration so I can listen to v-mail from my cell?

Very few prisons allow voicemail (or other telephone services) in individual cells.
#80032 by Angelo921
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 am
lbmofo wrote:When ooma lady vm greeting starts, you can press *.
You can set Ooma to reject anonymous calls (send to VM), use your cell phone to call home blocking callerid (*67 prefix) then you'll get into your VM immediately so you can press * right away.

Is their a way if you have basic Ooma to get the voicemail directly from your cell rather than waiting for the phone to ring and go to vm?
#80033 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 am
Angelo921 wrote:

Is their a way if you have basic Ooma to get the voicemail directly from your cell rather than waiting for the phone to ring and go to vm?

Don't know of any. Also, don't know of any direct Ooma VM access number.
#80044 by tomcat
Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 am
Angelo921 wrote:

I haven't had the chance to try this yet, but, you may be able to access ooma's website on your cell phone and listen to the messages that way.
#80099 by Angelo921
Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am
tomcat wrote:
Angelo921 wrote:

I haven't had the chance to try this yet, but, you may be able to access ooma's website on your cell phone and listen to the messages that way.

Your right, it does work this way. Great idea!!! Thanks!!!