Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#79465 by egaytelo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:26 am
I already signed up for Premier features to avail international calling bundle features... doing math using the rates specified, I'm still going to pay $3 more per minute using 500 minutes bundle than OWTEL.. the rate provided is misleading. I am being charged 25.3cents using the bundle compared to OWTEL that charge me with 21cents a minute.
Since i signed up for 500 minutes International Bundle, they would charge me $5 a month, right?
I guess i'm going to cancel that one and stick to owtel for now. :cry:

PS: calling destination is the Philippines.
#79466 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 am
egaytelo wrote:I already signed up for Premier features to avail international calling bundle features... doing math using the rates specified, I'm still going to pay $3 more per minute using 500 minutes bundle than OWTEL.. the rate provided is misleading. I am being charged 25.3cents using the bundle compared to OWTEL that charge me with 21cents a minute.
Since i signed up for 500 minutes International Bundle, they would charge me $5 a month, right?
I guess i'm going to cancel that one and stick to owtel for now. :cry:

PS: calling destination is the Philippines.

I am very interested in you post because my wife calls China almost every week. I'm always looking for a cheaper International phone service. But the math just doesn't justify me to change from Ooma's International Long distance calling. I looked up the rate for Owtel for the PI and found $0.13 per minute for a phone card. This may be wrong, so let me know.

Ooma International Bulk rate changes $4.99 for 500 minutes per month.
(Make sure you signed up for the Ooma International Calling Bulk rate.)
$4.99 divided by 500 minutes = $0.00998 per minute, where ever you call Internationally.

Owtel charges for a phone card:
Philippines HK $1.00 per minute or US $0.13 per minute
Philippines (Cellular) HK $1.00 per minute or US $0.13 per minute
Philippines (Manila) HK $1.00 per minute or US $0.13 per minute

The total for Owtel is $65.00 for 500 minutes?
#79470 by egaytelo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 am
Thats one of the reason i signed up for Ooma.. clearer calls,low monthly bills.. but as i previously posted I am on Premier now with 500 minutes Bundle, but I still being charge 25.3cents a minute per calling log history compared this with my OWTEL which bills me 21cents a minute for mobile phone call to the phillippines. In the end, using ooma is much costly. I maybe saving here using Ooma as my alternative to my landline but not to international calls.

PS: I use a skype phone $89, to call my Mom in Ph (PC to Skype phone), saving me hundreds of $, http://shop.skype.com/phones/plug-in/is ... ice-phone/ , set this up here and send it to ur loves ones abroad.. as long as they have an internet access. This one works for me.. but not for my wife so im stuck with OWTEL.
#79475 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 am
egaytelo:
If you signed up for the Ooma International bulk rate, than you shouldn't see any charges for your International calls in My Ooma.

Go into your My Ooma, https://my.ooma.com/
After signing in click on "Account" above, than "Prepaid Account" at the Left side of the page. Your phone call and charges will appear. If you have Ooma's International Calling Bulk rate, then the charges in the Cost column, at the far right, should always be zero. If they are not zero dollars, than you need to call Ooma Customer Support and get it straighten out.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Ooma's $0.00998 per minute, where ever you call Internationally, is a lot better than any other plan we've used.
#79495 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am
Guys, Philippines is not among the 70 destinations included in any Ooma international bundle. For the countries not included, your option would be the 1000 min plan which includes bulk rate (this bundle is only available to Premier). You have to do the math on whether paying $9.99 a month (to include bulk rate) plus getting charged Ooma's bulk rate per min for non included destinations such as Philippines is worth it for your situation.

70 destinations included: https://www.ooma.com/products/internatio ... #countries
You can pick a destination and see the rates.

More info in this post: viewtopic.php?t=9033#p63245
#79514 by tkc9789
Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:49 pm
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can someone help me with how to sign up for international bundle?
I tried from "add ons", "prepaid calling" and clicked on "international bundle". This only brought me back to "add-ons" page. Any help will be appreciated.
#79515 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:01 pm
Go here, pick one and "add to cart" and check out.

https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/intl_bundle

BTW, welcome to Ooma. If you are still on Premier trial, you'd get one of the bundles available for Premier and later on if you decide to go with basic/free service, your package will convert as follows: viewtopic.php?t=9033#p65466