Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#79355 by ssft
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm
So one of the nice features I thought could work was that during an Internet outage, the Ooma Telo would still ring my house phone if someone called my cell phone (or called my Ooma number that was being forwarded to my cell via the outage rule). However what seems to happen is that if the Telo loses its Internet connection, an incoming Bluetooth call will still ring but as soon as you pick up the phone all you hear is a fast busy and then it immediately transfers the call to the cell phone. Seems like this would be a great way to ensure phone service even during an outage, but it looks like the Telo needs an active connection for Bluetooth to work properly, not sure why this is technically needed.

Anybody know if this is possible, or perhaps this is something for a future release?
#79384 by highq
Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 am
Just how would you define an "incoming Bluetooth call"? An incoming call does not know (or care) what exactly is going to convert the transmitted sounds into audio waves, be it a classic handset, a speaker, a Bluetooth headset, a wired headset...
#79386 by ssft
Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:57 am
I should clarify, what I meant was any call that comes into my cell phone which is paired with the Telo. So if the Telo is connected up to the Internet and everything is working fine, all is well. Someone will call my cell and I can pick up my house phone to answer it.

Now...if my Internet is down and someone calls my cell phone it still rings all my house phones but it doesn't actually stay connected with my cell and allow me to talk. I have to run into the other room and grab my cell phone (since it just leaves the call open).

Hopefully this clarifies.

Thanks
#79503 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 pm
ssft, I confirmed this behavior with Telo handsets as well as phones connected to the Telo. I don't see why connectivity is required other than call logging so perhaps you can do a feature request.
#84935 by Morac
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:09 pm
I just had this happen tonight, except I didn't get a fast busy signal. I just got dead air until I transferred back to my phone.

Why should this stop working if the Internet goes down? I could understand Ooma not wanting non-subscribers to be able to use the adapter (though really Ooma shouldn't care since people have to buy the hardware anyway), but the Ooma was connected prior to the Internet going down.

What's more annoying is I have the Ooma service to forward to my cell on a net outage. Mixing that with the Bluetooth adapter would allow seamless answering of calls, but it doesn't work.
#122757 by caleb73
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:23 pm
I am having the same issue. So to recreate the issue:

I have a cell phone connected to the OOMA Base station via bluetooth
I disconnected the internet on the OOMA Base station, which is now flashing red
I have someone call my cell phone which is still actively connected to the ooma base station via bluetooth
My cell phone lights up like it's going to ring but it doesn't, instead my cell phone display a missed call.
The caller is sent straight to my voice mail.

If I turn off bluetooth on my cell phone and repeat, the call rings my phone and I am able to answer. The OOMA must send a signal via bluetooth to ignore the call which prevents my cell phone from even ringing. As a result when OOMA is down so is my cell phone, even if I have cell service.

I've submitted a feature request/suggestion with the following reference number: 140912-001506. If you are having a similar issue please call OOMA and ask them to prioritize this flaw. The more people that complain/request this feature the quicker, hopefully, it gets resolved.

Thanks