Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#77808 by AppleTree
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 am
When you call our Ooma phone number area code (540), you get the dreaded "the number you have diaed is unallocated" message. We can make outgoing calls but no incoming calls work with the exception of Ooma customer service.

Things we have tried

1) We have tried to call our Ooma number with Verizon, ATT, and Virgin Mobile numbers and get the same response.
2) We disconnected our Ooma hub and DSL router for several minutes to reset our internet connection. No change.
3) We called Ooma support and they had us reset our modem/hub and tried calling our number with the same response.
4) Ooma support escalated it to "Technical Support" and they stated they would 'escalate' it for further testing and we should get an email response with no definite time of response.

Another Major Issue

When you try to force calls to be forwarded to our cellphone via the Ooma portal Call Forwarding Preferences, that does not work either.

If any Ooma employee sees this our ticket number is 110323-0007067 23 March 2011 1021AM EST.

:|
Last edited by AppleTree on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#77809 by thunderbird
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:14 am
AppleTree:
If you can get someone else, with an Ooma phone setup, to call you from their Ooma phone setup, and the call goes through, than Ooma's system and your home setup is fine. Nothing is wrong with your home's setup. The problem is somewhere where the Ooma calls are handed off to/from the legacy carrier, or with the legacy carrier.

Ooma has to have the routing problem resolved.

Keep after Ooma Customer Service.
#77812 by AppleTree
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am
I am having the same problem. Just started this morning. Where are you located? I'm in Mt. Airy, Maryland.

I am located in Northern Virginia, you are about 70 miles away.

Call Customer Support at 1-888-711-6662, make sure you get a customer ticket number to reference.
#77815 by mommato4boys
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 am
Thanks for the number. Just got off the phone with them & they said they forwarded it to the highest level technical support and that they are already investigating the problem. Apparently it is not a local thing. She said people from a number of states are having the same issue.
#77837 by 2spirit
Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am
I'm not sure how local or widespread this incoming call outage is . . . but I can attest that the outage is continuing at my home in MD. I have called CS and emailed Support and was told they are investigating the problem.