Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#77761 by DLcrib
Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm
Hi, I am new to Ooma (just activated it last night)...as a means of seeing how its working so far I've turned on VM notification with audio file attachment. I've received 6 VMs today and all of them have either been cut off or are only recording 2-3 secs of the call. When I noticed this I tried calling and leaving amessage myself...the first time...the VM prompts that my message was recorded (eventhough I was still talking, it cut me off at 4 seconds)...then I tried again and this time I was able to leave a longer message but when I listened back to it I could barely hear my message and it also cut off after 10 seconds.

My set up is modem-router-telo and I have my landline integrated (waiting for port while using my existing landline number).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
#77763 by lbmofo
Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 pm
There are at least a couple of issues reported (that Ooma can't do anything about) with landline integration mode (you using your landline number and attaching your existing service to the wall port). One is VM greeting not coming on (your case is seemingly less severe but still issues) and the other is no incoming callerid (even if you subscribe to callerid on your landline). I'd recommend that you call Ooma customer service at 888-711-OOMA and have them change your config to standalone (they'll assign a temp number to your Ooma); you'll like it much better and your testing would be much more valid because in landline integration mode, all incoming and all local outgoing (including toll free and 911) would be through your existing service.