Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70953 by mtnmedic
Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm
Have the Bluetooth dongle on my Telo hub, using a USB extension cable for better positioning of the dongle in the middle of the house so that my hearing aids' Streamer (Bluetooth) works with the dongle everywhere in my house. Has worked beautifully for some time.

Now, all of a sudden, when I dial anything with *15 first to activate the call via Bluetooth, I get no connection with my Bluetooth device (the Streamer) and I get a rapid busy signal on the handset. Regularly dialed calls go through on the handset. It was like this all night. This morning I was able to get one call out via dialing *15 then the number but that was it. After that, back to the rapid busy signal.

I unplugged and plugged the Bluetooth dongle back in. No change. I rebooted the Telo hub. No change. I made sure the pairing between the Bluetooth dongle and my device are good. No change.

What is going on???? I depend on this a great deal because I'm significantly hearing impaired.
#70960 by murphy
Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm
How long is your USB extension cable?

USB Info: Frequently Asked Questions
USB Cables, Connectors, and Networking with USB

Q1: How long of a cable can I use to connect my device?
A1: In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).