Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70706 by jrandeck
Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 am
Prior to switching to Ooma I had two physical phone lines and used phones that could access both lines so that any phone could be used for either line, but the two lines had separate voice mail.

Is it possible to configure Ooma such that both of my numbers get different voice mail boxes without dedicating a device to one number (which as I read it will make it not ring on the other phones, only the dedicated handset)?
#70710 by ntoy
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 am
jrandeck wrote:Prior to switching to Ooma I had two physical phone lines and used phones that could access both lines so that any phone could be used for either line, but the two lines had separate voice mail.

Is it possible to configure Ooma such that both of my numbers get different voice mail boxes without dedicating a device to one number (which as I read it will make it not ring on the other phones, only the dedicated handset)?

Hello,

In order to have separate voicemail boxes, the 2nd number would need to be assigned to a device.
#70712 by jrandeck
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:16 am
So my choices are:

1. Leave all devices shared and deal with mixed voice mail messages in one inbox

2. Dedicate a handset to the second number so that calls to that number can only be answered on that handset and that handset can't be used to answer calls on the other number.

Do I understand that correctly?
#70715 by ntoy
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am
jrandeck wrote:
2. Dedicate a handset to the second number so that calls to that number can only be answered on that handset and that handset can't be used to answer calls on the other number.

Do I understand that correctly?

In addition, you can log into your 2nd number in My Ooma to listen or call remotely & enter a pin to access.