This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#68651 by corduroy
Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 am
I have had the original Ooma hub for about a year, so it's paid for itself but the service has been terrible. I work from home and this service is not acceptable.

I have had enough with all the issues (delay, broken up sound on one end, conf call disconnects) and am switching to Vonage.

It doesn't matter if the Ooma is in front or behind my router. It doesn't matter what QoS settings I have.

My COX cable service is fine. Up to 25Mb down, 5Mb up, 0% packet lost, 3.4ms jitter
#68654 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am
If you rent your modem, might be worth your while to swap your modem and see.
Even if you had to buy a new one to check it out, I'd do that first.
#68698 by dschmidt_2000
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:36 pm
I feel for you. I'm regretting being a guinea pig for Ooma. I did have some growing pains with TMobile@Home VOIP for a little while but their issue was never sound or phone quality - just the router required frequent rebooting. Once they got that fixed it's been rock solid. Ooma's been out for a longer period of time vs when Tmobile got into the VOIP business (and back out of except for us grandfathered users). I would have expected Ooma to have solved all these problems a long time ago.