This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#69900 by mxkied2
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Willywnkah wrote:I am porting my number from Vonage - slated to be complete before Christmas. Hopefully the issue will not follow with the change.

Thanks.

Cancel the port ASAP and wait to seem if Ooma can resolve their carrier issues(IMO). Keep testing Ooma and then have your number ported if things improve or return the device and get your money back. I know that means paying Vonage for another month or two but if Ooma can not fix their problems (or if these problems are a sign of bigger problems for Ooma) you will at least have your number at a provider that is reliable.
#69924 by wristwatch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 am
I have been experiencing repeated problems with the same phone number with the other party being able to hear me but me not being able to hear the other party. This is very frustrating because this is one of my most frequent outbound phone numbers that I call.

I am calling from (815) xxx-xxxx (my Ooma VoIP phone line) to (773) 445-xxxx (an AT&T landline phone number). The problem seemed to begin around the last several days and I have emailed Ooma support today with the dates, times, phone number, and durations. Interestingly I can call the same number with using my cell phone service without a problem.
#69942 by RyanGambrill
Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:03 am
I just spoke with Ooma support. We were able to isolate the problem.

My problem only existed when dialing 10 digits but not seven. I suggest trying 7,10, & 11 digit dialing for your calls. This allowed me to eliminate my router or network as a problem.
#69945 by wristwatch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:12 pm
RyanGambrill wrote:My problem only existed when dialing 10 digits but not seven. I suggest trying 7,10, & 11 digit dialing for your calls. This allowed me to eliminate my router or network as a problem.

AT&T (my previous carrier) always required me to dial all 11 digits even for local calls, maybe it is different for Ooma. I have always dialed all 11 digits for all my calls and I can hear the other party when I dial other numbers. The problem with being unable to hear the other party (at least in my case) seems to be isolated to a specific phone number in (773)-445 which is outside of my (815) area code.
#69998 by wristwatch
Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 am
Michelle539 wrote:Call ooma. I did and they had me change a setting. It is fine now.

I emailed ooma support yesterday with numbers and timestamps and so far I am happy with their prompt reply. They have escalated the support ticket and are currently looking into the matter.
#70000 by Willywnkah
Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 am
I also emailed ooma support. I have to admit they were very responsive and have provided me with instructions to hopefully resolve the issue.

I will provide an update on the results.
#70146 by Cari
Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 pm
Problem fixed!!!!! I did not dial 1 before my call. Just the area code and phone number. I hope it continues to work.

I hope this helps everyone else as well!!
#70154 by Cari
Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:51 am
Update, only works SOME of the time, dang it. I was really hoping this would solve the problem.... I am very disappointed.

I will keep checking in.
#70581 by Cari
Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 pm
The only work around I can suggest is to call through google voice on my ooma line, for the specific number that I have trouble dialing directly. It is not an ideal fix but it is still better than calling from my cell phone.