Here's how to measure your delay:
- Open a sound recording program on your computer. A free one that you can download is Audacity.
- After verifying that your attached or built-in microphone is working, press the record button.
- Bring your phone next your microphone or laptop, and dial test number 909-390-0003 using the speakerphone on your phone.
- Speak a short word like "one" - you'll see the microphone pick up your word and the echo response.
- Stop the recording, and then highlight the waveforms that contain your word and the echo response. Click the magnifying glass to zoom in on the area and give you a more precise timeline measurement.
- Afterwards, measure between the start of the your word and the echo response. To make this measurement easier, you may delete any audio that was recorded prior to your word, so that time "0.00" aligns with the start of your word.
After you take the measurement, please post your delay measurement to this thread.