This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#65021 by the beekeeper
Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:16 pm
We have had Ooma Telo for 9 months, with no issues of any kind. In the last week or so, calls start breaking up after about 30 seconds. There are full second-long dropouts on either end that make it impossible to continue a conversation.

The network setup and internet service has not changed. We are running the Telo behind a Linksys WRT-54 TM router running DD-WRT with the Ooma given premium QOS priority via MAC address. All other service is at lower priority levels.
Our service is Time Warner cable, and speeds are typically 20+ Mbps downstream and 950-980 kbps up. The QOS is set to 800 kbps upstream. The connection quality seems good, with WhichVOIP testing at 1.6-2.0 ms jitter and 0% packet loss.

I've tried putting the Telo in front of the router with the same results. I've tried restarts on Telo, cable modem, and router with no success. I have tested on the echo call http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2814 number and have the same problem.

Needless to say, we're getting frustrated with no ability to have a phone conversation of more than 15 seconds. Any suggestions?

thanks
#65022 by murphy
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:34 am
If you have Ooma behind your router with nothing connected to the Home port, the QOS values in the Ooma should both be set to 0 (disabled). There is nothing for it to prioritize so it's pointless to have the QOS code running.
#65114 by pinan
Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:45 pm
the beekeeper wrote:We are running the Telo behind a Linksys WRT-54 TM router running DD-WRT . . . .

Just a note. If you meant that you have a WRTU54G-TM (T-Mobile) router, there is no DD-WRT (or other after-market) software for this router. However, there is DD-WRT and others for the WRT54G-TM router.

Just so new people don't get confused.