This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#62871 by KMac
Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 pm
I realize this may be a problem for ooma support, but given the time of day I thought I would try the experts here first.

I have two ooma core units on the same network. Until today, they had both been working perfectly for 2 1/2 months.
Today, one of them stopped receiving incoming calls (they go straight to voice mail) and the ooma tab at the top of the hub is not lit at all. Both a reboot and a service reset (holding down the ooma tab until it flashes during a reboot) proceed through a series of flashing lights and a flashing red ooma tab, but then all lights and tabs go out.

Outgoing calls are still possible even with an unlit ooma tab, but the volume is reduced by approx. one half on my end and the ooma tone when accessing the line sometimes stutters, but the dial tone and outgoing call do not. The person called hears me perfectly.

If I disconnect the working hub and connect the non-working hub in the same location, I get the same results so that rules out networking issues, right?

Could this be related to the 8/17 incoming outage, a failed unit, or am I overlooking something obvious?
#62887 by murphy
Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 am
Try swapping the power supplies between the two units to see if you have a failing power supply.
Also make sure the intensity knob on the right side is turned all of the way up and the envelope light is not lit.
#62891 by KMac
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:53 am
I did swap power supplies with the same result.
The intensity is at the maximum and all lights are clearly visible during the reboot / flashing lights period. After that time there is a slight 'click' and all lights and the tab go out.
Any other ideas?
#62892 by murphy
Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:18 am
KMac wrote:I did swap power supplies with the same result.
The intensity is at the maximum and all lights are clearly visible during the reboot / flashing lights period. After that time there is a slight 'click' and all lights and the tab go out.
Any other ideas?

Turn the knob to the other extreme. The lights are not controlled by the knob during reboot.
#62899 by KMac
Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:46 am
Thank you Murphy, the intensity was turned all the way off. I turned it up and everything works.
Even though the envelope was not lit, it must have been earlier when the lights were off.
Thanks again.