This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#62464 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm
tshapard wrote:Problems all day (as best I can tell) on West Coast. People try to call, phone rings, but when I answer there is no audio. When I try to call out it says call cannot be completed.

Outgoing calls should be okay though.
#62468 by scooterdog
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 pm
There is so much more Ooma can do to just share information, this is frustrating.

It was a good four months and now I've got to reconsider whether to go back to POTS.
:cry:
#62473 by dplang
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm
I first noticed the issue at 8:30 pm CDT. Callers get a busy signal but it rings at my house. In St. Louis, for the moment, the issue is resolved as of 10 pm. Not sure when the issue first started, though.
#62478 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 pm
scooterdog wrote:There is so much more Ooma can do to just share information, this is frustrating.

It was a good four months and now I've got to reconsider whether to go back to POTS.
:cry:

Yeah, like a little outage would make me go back to the big phone bills. Outages happen with pots as well and you get no info on their progress.

And its VOIP, once in awhile it's going to happen. Ooma will get it handled. Always have.
Wayne
#62480 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm
VoIP is as reliable as ur ISP. As long as Ooma is more reliable than my ISP, I am cool. Besides, this outage didnt bother me that much because calls were still coming thru with callerid so I could call back.
#62484 by searay61
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Well...it's been all day here. I don't understand why call aren't being routed to the backup line(s)...this would be a much smaller issue for the users (like US).

I see a great plan in '09...unfortunately...the best of plans....here is what was "planned" and how it seems to be...

- Forums are NOT being updated very oftern as it was supposed to be as mentioned in '09
- I can't seem to find the "status" at the top of the logon page as mentioned in '09.
- ooma_status on twitter last update was June 30th, 3:20 am...was to updated regualary as metioned in '09
- After all day, I can't seem to located those update emails that are going out as mentioned in '09

Under the "mitigation/prevention" section...
- How is that double capacity second ISP working out...as mentioned in '09
- I saw on one of the boards that unplugging for a minute or so would work (that was this morning about 18 hrs ago)....
it was supposed to be automatic according to that April '09 outage response...
- That second data center...did that ever happen? I can't seem to find it on Google...

In short, after a day, and a developed plan from a year ago, I don't think much was learned....it feels like Apil 13, 2009...only this outage is worse. I should not have been if there was communication, backup, and re-routing of called to the back up numbers as "advertised."

tick tick tick...this is getting old real quick.
#62499 by DTMF
Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 am
searay61 wrote:Well...it's been all day here. I don't understand why call aren't being routed to the backup line(s)...this would be a much smaller issue for the users (like US).

Ooma can't redirect calls that never reach its network. This outage was at a provider that feeds calls from DID numbers into the Ooma network. Normally that provider is invisible to us, but it is an important part of an incoming call's path that is out of Ooma's direct control.
#62517 by MrSteve
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am
It is now Aug 18th and I still have problems with my Ooma service (same as yesterday... Cant receive calls and now I cant even make calls...well I can hear the caller but they can't hear me).

I called Ooma Customer Support again today (from my cell phone) and got disconnected. I'm on hold now, but I have to say that this issue of Ooma's providers having problems or making updates that affect Ooma is a real problem.

I understand that yesterday's issue may have been out of Ooma's immediate control, but the reality is that when Ooma customers suffered downtime it can have devastating long-term repercussions with customers and the overall outlook for Ooma's future. I can only suffer through this a few times before I make a change of service. I love the low cost of Ooma, but I've now been without my service for one and a half days. I've talked to Customer Service three times and they are trying, but my case has now been "escalated". I hope this is fixed very soon.

I'm just very frustrated.
#62524 by kmtravel
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 am
well, we too rely on ooma and have saved thousands of dollars in phone bills over the last two years. we accepted the fact that there was a problem in the phone ringing in and not being able to talk when we did answer the ph0one. so we took the caller id info and returned the call immediately. no big deal, everyone happy and we still love oomal we have had (two years ago) problems on occastion with verizon, and it too was resolved back when we were paying thoursands of dollars a year for service. so keep you britches on folks, poop happens, and you learn to deal with it. OOMA we love you Marvin Matteson, Zephyrhills, Florida 813 788 6686