This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#62285 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:50 am
I tried calling my wife this morning when she was at home, so I was calling our Ooma phone from work. I immediately got a busy signal each time but she heard it ringing and when she answered got nothing. I repeated 5-6 times and it continued to happen. She eventually called me from her cell phone. Networking was obviously fine since the phone would ring, and I confirmed our network was fine by hitting a website that I host.

What is the cause of this situation and why didn't it go to voicemail? Has anyone else experienced this situation? Whatever the problem is, it is still happening right now as I'm typing this. It's been like this for at least ten minutes now.

Scott
#62288 by MrSteve
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 am
I have the same issue with my Ooma. I can call out, but when people try to call me, the get a busy signal or some recording saying something like "system is not available..."

I called from my cell phone and the phone rings... I can see my cell number on my caller ID, but when I answer the my Ooma line, I just hear silence... nothing.

I reset everything... my network, I unplugged my Ooma to try and reset, but the same thing happens.

So I can make outgoing calls but can't receive calls. I hope this clears up soon.

-Steve
#62289 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 am
One more update. I had my wife reboot the Ooma Hub and the problem persists. When I call our Ooma phone number I get a busy signal, but our phone connected to Ooma rings and when my wife answers there is nothing.

I am starting to wonder if I get the busy signal as soon as she answers the phone.
#62290 by southsound
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:04 am
Scott,

I seem to recall that you were using your GV number from work to overcome their blocking CID. Is that still the case or am I remembering incorrectly? If it is still the case, could it be a GV problem?
#62293 by southsound
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 am
Sorry. After I read your post I remembered - right geographic area (Colorado) but a different user. I going to have some more coffee.

There seem to be some others with problems connecting this morning and even some last evening. I wonder if one of the termination partners ooma uses is having problems?
#62294 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 am
Obviously something is wrong in the Ooma backend. A friend at work is having the same issue today.

I just got off the phone with tech support. They notified Ooma engineers to investigate what's going on.
#62298 by MrSteve
Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 am
Hi all, Just got off the phone with Ooma and they told me that one of their providers is in the "process of an update", which is causing the problem. I asked what they mean by a provider, and the answer was another phone/internet company (they couldn't tell me which one... it is their policy).

So, I can only hope this update is quick because it is terrible for my business to not have phones.

-Steve
#62305 by wpwood3
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 am
I'm having the same problem here in Atlanta.

The phones connected to my Telo ring but when I answer there is nobody there. Then while I still have line-1 in use, line-2 begins to ring on my Telo handset with the same caller as line-1. When I try to answer line-2 there is nobody there either.

When anyone tries to call me my Telo rings but, they get a recording that says "All circuits are busy". If I answer, nobody is there.

There is something wrong in Oomaland.

Very frustrating!
Last edited by wpwood3 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.