This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#61210 by av8r
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:48 pm
Can anyone from the ooma team tell me what service tags ooma needs to keep QOS intact via tag switching?
#61298 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 am
Maybe what you are trying to do is somewhat advanced. Not sure what you are trying to do.
#61300 by av8r
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:25 am
lbmofo wrote:Maybe what you are trying to do is somewhat advanced. Not sure what you are trying to do.

Are you an ooma employee?

My broadband provider will pass QOS tags if I can provide him with the correct tag information. QOS is only as good as the first router it hits that drops it....which typically means it only works as far as your cable modem, etc within your house. I'm trying to extend it past that point and as my provider is willing to work with me, I'm asking for the information needed. If ooma can't or won't provide me with the info, I'll do a capture and get it myself, but this way is a lot easier for me.
#62123 by PJohansson
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 pm
"Tag switching" is more commonly referred to as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)and is documented by various IETF RFCs. The MPLS header prefixed before an IP datagram contains a 3-bit field which can be used to encode the transmission priority. I'm surprised that your ISP wants you to research how Ooma uses this field because the usage has to be pretty much standardized else various vendors' products won't interoperate with each other.

Nevertheless, I'm sure if you get in touch with Tier 2 or Tier 3 technical support, they will be able to answer your question.