This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#60432 by digilos10
Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 am
Recently I've switched from the Ooma Premier to Ooma Basic service and in the past I was able to use the Google Voice website to dial into my main Ooma line and then connect me to the other caller -- this was done even though I wasn't using the Google Voice Extension.

Since switching however, whenever I use the GV site, calls will go through and I'll get up to four rings, but then the call will either be dropped after the fourth ring, or after the other party picks up.

Since I'm dialing to my main Ooma line however, I wanted to see if this issue is because I need to upgrade the plan again, or if it is due to Google Voice.

Thanks in advance for any help.
#60463 by southsound
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm
I've been using "naked" Google Voice for about a year now - first with my hub that was running the basic sevices and now with my Telo. I don't use GVE. I think that the problem might well be with GV. If you go to their forum there is a spreadsheet that Hannie has for reporting problems like this. I'd give it a shot. GV continues to work well with my ooma system.
#60537 by digilos10
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:12 pm
Thank you both for the input. I had a feeling this was an issue more with GV because I'm able to receive incoming calls but I wanted to double check. I'll have to contact Google again because my first inquiry there is still unanswered.