Intermittent beeps while on OOMA

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
vdigregorio121

Intermittent beeps while on OOMA

Post by vdigregorio121 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am

OOMA customer service has not been able to help me on this so maybe one of you can. The caller on the other line at times will hear beeps that sound like I am pressing a button on the phone. Sometimes it won't happen and other times it can happen 3 times while on a call. Also sometimes this is followed by the phone disconnecting and then my OOMA voicemail will actually record them until they hang up. It will actually play my voicemail for them and record them up until they hang up. Any ideas?

southsound

Re: Intermittent beeps while on OOMA

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 pm

See groundhound's reply to your other post.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

ctriegel

Post by ctriegel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Did you get an answer to this? I have the same issue. Wasn't sure if it's me or the other caller, but I now suspect it's me.
Thanks

amarryat

Post by amarryat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 am

I have this problem as well. And contrary to some of the explanations given, it will also occur when I am not saying anything. And I am male, and my voice is deeper than touch tones anyway.

The other thing is that this has started recently, within the last few months and I haven't changed any equipment.