This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#60003 by Whinis
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:14 am
Ever since they fixed the problem where if someone calls in it tells them my number has been disconnected I will answer the phone some times and no one is on the other end like i didn't pick-up. When I call them back they say its like I pick-ed up the phone and then hung up.

anyone else having this problem
#60116 by Whinis
Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 am
Ya I ported my number 4 months ago. it lasted for a month before we had to call and were told that the exchange box was acting up and they fixed it. however now we have this problem
#60156 by southsound
Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Whinis wrote:Ya I ported my number 4 months ago. it lasted for a month before we had to call and were told that the exchange box was acting up and they fixed it. however now we have this problem

I am not sure what you mean by "it lasted for a month" and "the exchange box was acting up and they fixed it." Would you please be so kind as to explain?
#60170 by Whinis
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 am
It lasted problem free for a month after the number was ported and then everyone who called got a " This number has been disconnected" message. After a long talk with ooma they said it had todo with eh exchange box in are area going screwy. They fixed the problem with 24 hours.

Its been about 4 months after I have ported my number now and 3 months after the exchange box issue, and every 3rd call or so it seems that call comes but does not connect and when we pick-up nobody is there.
#60180 by ntoy
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 am
Hello Whinis,

Is this happening on inbound calls? When this happens, the remote party hears a disconnect message? Please send me a pm with the dates,times,phone number, what remote hears, & what you hear on the failed calls. I would need recent examples for our carrier to further research.

Thx