This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#60141 by Dayvidpriddy
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:42 pm
I should have noted, now I'm having a speed issue with my internet after my equipment has been sitting idleing overnight and I've narrowed it down to...GUESS WHAT...Ooma! The device is having to be power cycled in order to get my speed back with in my internet to do anything with my computer online. Not sure why this is happening. Seriously folks I'm fed up with this service lol. Everytime one problem is fixed another one pops up! Could this have anything to do with changing the upstream setting is the QOS?

Interested in hearing a reply to this.
#60190 by southsound
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:24 am
See my post in your other thread for a suggestion.
#60210 by oom101
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:13 pm
Did his suggestion help? If the Ooma is not on a call, it shouldn't matter - mine doesn't. I've only had the Telo hooked up a couple of days, but my speeds are still good using 0 down and 0 up. Just measured 19 down and 1.87 up (2 is my stated max). Let us know.
I have heard of cable problems. Get cables away from power cords and transformers as much as possible, and run them across at a right angle as much as possible, and do not lay them right together or band them together. Just some thoughts.
Might be old info.