This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#58146 by kelkin
Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:15 am
What is the status of this? I thought I read that it is enabled now, are we supposed to see some sort of indicator that indicates it's enabled? Or do we just assume it's there now?

I only ask because a few months ago I had a weird quirk on my Telo handset where a logo appeared that said "[[[HD]]]" and was told by an Ooma person that it was the pure voice indicator but it shouldn't be displaying on my phone since they hadn't released it yet. Now that it's released, I don't see any indicator at all. (Fax mode is not turned on for what it's worth)

-Keith
#58151 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 am
Looking at this page, it seems Pure Voice is already on the Telo but the HD Voice is still "coming soon."

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-purevoice

HD Voice (coming soon!)
HD Voice technology doubles the fidelity of your phone calls. By capturing two times more speech information than your standard voice call (yes, that includes your landline), your voice will sound more natural and more life-like. Why put up with standard definition calls when you can upgrade to HD?
#59289 by oom101
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 pm
Questions:
Is Purevoice...
supposed to work on the hub, or does it require the Telo?
Or does it require using the Telo Handset?
And does it require Premium?

Please answer above 3 questions for HD, also.
Thanks.
#59304 by Davesworld
Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:25 am
An even more important question. Do you have packet loss to where you would need it? It's nothing more than redundancy to work around high packet loss between you and the servers. The indicator you MIGHT see is higher bandwidth usage. If this actually works as intended, it will allow a small percentage of folks to be able to use VOIP that previously could not use it reliably. How far the redundancy reaches is something I am curious about. I'll have to take my devices with me to the Philippines next time I visit.