This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#57077 by Drummerboy
Mon May 31, 2010 2:18 pm
I have a new telo and I've been reading some of the topics on voice Quality and I have a question if anyone knows the answer to my question. First of all , so far I really have not had a problem except minor voice delays on some calls. But I have concerns because I use it for business calls. Anyway after reading all the posts , I checked my bandwiths and i found an upstream of 384 and a down of zero. Are these the normal default settings from ooma? I then changed th upstream to 1600 because I did a few speed tests and it averaged out to be 1.93 mps upstream and 65 down. the downstream i left at zero. Is that OK or did i do bad thing if anyone knows the answer. Thanx
#57084 by Drummerboy
Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm
Thanx for the info Ibumofo. Wasn't sure if I did the right thing but if it stays this way then I'll be happy I dropped Verizon.So far ....so good and it's good to know you can get help in a forum if needed. By useing the MAC address I assume you meant what I did instead of ooma automatically setting the numbers. Anyway, thanx again .....Paul aka drummerboy