This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#73140 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 am
For what it's worth:

I did a little test with the filter. First I took it off of the Ooma phone line. Than I called one of the people that always set-off the key pad noise, before I installed the filter. The Key pad noise came back. While we were still connected, I reinstalled the filter on the Ooma phone line. We continued to talk without any key pad noise.

I think what happens, the filter detunes the audio circuits just enough to suppress the key pad sound.
#73395 by Shawn
Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 pm
I want to report that the Radio Shack ferrite choke core filter did not work for me. My daughter indicated DTMF tone every time she spoke to my wife on our Ooma line. I have a much lower tone and she said I almost never trigger the DTMF tone. So I put the filter on the phone wire as close to the Telo unit as possible. My daughter called and spoke to my wife. After that, she indicated the DTMF tone was till there, if anything, it might have been a little more frequent than usual. Back to waiting for the bug fix.
#73419 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:32 am
Shawn:
Thanks for trying the filter. Even if it didn't work for you, you have provided valuable information. It sounds like the filter does change the audio circuits, which is an important finding. (Only in your case, the change was in the wrong direction.) It sounds like in your case, instead of de-tuning the audio circuits; the filter tuned the audio circuit. Probably it’s due to a different network, home network, and phone setup. Maybe Ooma will have to come up with an adjustable (software) filter that will cover all bases.

A final note, Ooma is actively working to come up with a fix. Ooma is presently remotely doing some testing of my system, to try to understand and determine why it’s working.
#77917 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 am
cmjacobsen wrote:I have been having this problem for months. Mostly when my wife talks on the phone but occasionally with me. Very frustrating. Hope they have a fix soon.

This problem was supposedly fixed.

You need to report your problem to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST