This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#72724 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am
bcrosen wrote:I've been having this problem for quite awhile and agree that it is extremely annoying - to the point where I'm considering changing providers. Would appreciate if OOMA would address this issue ASAP.

This maybe worth a shot. Is this it thunderbird? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2103222

thunderbird wrote:Kaplah: Has said to use a Radio Shack Snap-on Ferrite Data-Line Filter part number 273-0105, snapped around the phone wire that comes out of the Ooma device phone port, to filter out “noise”.

We were experiencing the phone key pad noise, so I ran right down to Radio Shack, bought, (for about five dollars), than installed the filter. All of our calls seemed clearer and we haven’t heard the phone key sound even once since.

But it's only been around two weeks, so it’s not a very valid test yet. I was wondering if anyone else has tried the filter. If you have tried the filter, please report your findings.

Kaplah wrote:I'm going to get a Ferite Choke Core from radio shack and stick it on the analog phone line that feeds the house. I'm getting the old familiar waving buzz on the line from AC interference (I did phone system installs to put myself through college. I've heard the noise enough to know it in my sleep). I would recommend anyone who has a strange buzz on the line to try this. It's a cheap part and easily installed.
#72725 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am
Yes lbmofo:

That's it.

I was experiencing the keypad noises, when I read on this forum that a Radio Shack snap-on Ferrite Data-Line Filer P/N 273-0105, snapped around the phone wire coming out of the Ooma device phone port, will help with noise. I purchased and installed the five dollar filter. It’s been about three weeks now and we haven’t heard the key pad noise once yet, but I think the jury is still out on that one. If it is working, probably the filter de-tunes the audio circuit just enough to not allow the voice to activate the keypad noise.
#72796 by Shawn
Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am
I am a little lost following this thread. Is the key pad noise same as the gunshot noise? My understand is key pad noise is heard on the other side only where as the gunshot noise is heard both sides. The Radio Shack fix was originated for the gunshot noise and introduced into the key pad noise thread as a fix? I can see the Ooma people are showing some interest in the gunshot noise, but I have not seen any Ooma input on the key board noise issue (at least not the recent six to nine months). May be I am just reading too much.
#72817 by Bobby B
Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 pm
Bug 9451 was opened to allow adjustment of the sensitivity of DTMF tone detection in the outbound direction for the Telo. I would expect this configuration option to be available within the next couple months. I believe the setting will show up on either setup.ooma.com or my.ooma.com.
#72822 by nn5i
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm
Bobby B wrote:Bug 9451 was opened to allow adjustment of the sensitivity of DTMF tone detection in the outbound direction for the Telo. I would expect this configuration option to be available within the next couple months. I believe the setting will show up on either setup.ooma.com or my.ooma.com.

I can hardly wait. When will we have a hard schedule for this very worthwhile change, and instructions on how to use it?

Also, most urgently, how about incoming? The problem exists in both directions.
#72830 by Shawn
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 pm
nn5i wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Bug 9451 was opened to allow adjustment of the sensitivity of DTMF tone detection in the outbound direction for the Telo. I would expect this configuration option to be available within the next couple months. I believe the setting will show up on either setup.ooma.com or my.ooma.com.

I can hardly wait. When will we have a hard schedule for this very worthwhile change, and instructions on how to use it?

An email from Ntoy indicated a timing of couple of months.
#73127 by jaylee33
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 pm
I have to agree about this issue-- it's almost a dealbreaker. I've had Ooma for 1.5 months only, and for the first 2 weeks, this never happened. As of about a week ago, it happens ALL the time during conversations. Maybe not every 20 seconds, but 2 or 3 times every 5 minutes. They are not in sync...I hear them sometimes and the callers hear them sometimes. When I first answer the phone, the other person often reports a string of push button beeps, and then during the conversation it is more singular beeps on both sides. It is maddening, and very VERY loud. It does do your ear in, so I can't believe it is an OK thing that Ooma has not resolved this for near a year since it was first reported. And it begs the question as to why suddenly it is so frequent? I sure hope they will fix it and soon as people have been so annoyed they try and try to call me back for "a better line" and it just keeps on getting worse.

Come on Ooma, make me glad I paid $200 for your device, instead of regretting it.