This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#54688 by Gibson
Mon May 03, 2010 6:02 pm
When I receive a call from a cell phone (from any carrier) the caller can hear me but I can not hear them. I can call any cell phone (so far) and there is no problem and all calls from land lines are fine.

Have you had this problem and if you were able to fix it I would appreciate your advice in resolving it on my Ooma.
#54903 by Gibson
Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm
It has now escalated to not being able to receive calls, they all go to voice mail. When a call does come in I can't hear them. I can't dial out, all calls result in a busy signal and call forwarding is not working.

Tech support has had me test my speed and jitters, reset the ooma, open ports in my computer, reset the Qos, disable the firewall in my router, and now they want me to open ports in my router. Unfortunately, I don't can not find the lan isp needed to open those ports and when I call tech support they tell me that my ticket has be escalated and I will get a call in 24 to 48 hours. I am very frustrated. Had I not wanted my home phone to work I would have just disconnected the service.

So far I am very disappointed in Ooma and angry at myself for spending money on what seems to be an expensive paperweight.
#54906 by ntoy
Thu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm
Hello,

When you spoke with support, did they have you power down everything.
For example: If you have Modem>Ooma hub

-power off modem & ooma hub
-power modem & allow time for it to come online
-then power ooma hub & allow some time for it to come up