This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#54427 by MoopMeep
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 pm
I recently switched from vonage to ooma. Domestic call quality is great but I am finding that international call quality makes it unusable. My wife is japanese so she has tried talking to her relatives in Osaka, Japan. If her family calls her then everything is fine, if we call them we find that the quality is really bad. Tonight 4/30 she tried to call her family and basically the conversation was unintelligible, so she had to hangup and her sister had to call back and then everything was fine.

I had vonage before and verizon before that and their international call quality was good. I started searching on the forums and this seems to be a common complaint with ooma. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck?
#54775 by luntam
Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm
I just renewed my yearly contract with skype unlimited world. Sound is nice and clear. Ooma sound is very low like the person is far away from the phone. Wife is using skype now. Will try pure voice for international calls if they have it in the future. For now, whatever makes the wife happy.