This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#53786 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:49 pm
huggybear, it seems you are missing some stats on top. Jitter stats in particular, could you try again and select the complete text?

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.8 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.7 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 11367288 bps
Upload speed: 1537688 bps
Download quality of service: 94 %
Upload quality of service: 95 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 25 ms
Average download pause: 2 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 44 ms
Average round trip time to server: 46 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 28800000bps
Route concurrency: 2.5335858
Download TCP forced idle: 60 %
Maximum route speed: 11915448bps
#53798 by southsound
Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 pm
Even before we get huggybear's jitter specs I'd be a little wary of the Upload quality of service: 47 % as this definitely shows a problem that could affect outgoing voice.

By the way, raccoons are huggable too. In fact, when describing ours to a person from Germany, they replied, "Oh, dog bears! We have them too!" And of course we've all seen the Sears Optical ad where the young lady mistakes a raccoon for her cat and says, "Let's cuddle with mama" as she invites the little masked friend in the house. :P
#53954 by huggybear
Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:19 pm
Hi all, I'm sorry I haven't been responding recently. I have a brother who is declining rapidly in health and may
not last much longer so I'm trying to spend more time with him.
One thing, the test result I posted was exactly the way it showed. It didn't have "jitter" results on it. Sorry.
Also, I am going to call AT&T in the morning to see about my DSL. When I installed Ooma, I disconnected my
landline & expanded my internet with them. Recently, my internet has been freezing and I get a note saying I
have lost connection with my server. This doesn't make me happy as I'm paying almost double what I was for
internet previously. The thing is, if this is my problem with my phone, then I need AT&T to get their act together.
Thanks for your responses!