This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#53646 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm
bmhupp wrote:I don't have a UPS to try that with. Not sure what you mean by a power adapter.

I am not sure if Telo has the same power rating but for my Hub, a replacement power adapter with 3 prongs could be: Globtek 12V 1.25A adapter with 3 prongs GTM21089-1512-W3

Other than the 3 prong adapter, maybe you can plug your ooma into some other wall outlet other than the power strip you got everything else plugged into and check it out.

If that doesn't work, you could possibly pick up a Monster Clean Power and/or an inexpensive UPS from a retail store to test out; plug your ooma into it and see if problem goes away. If not, you can always return the power strip/UPS. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
#53647 by murphy
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm
The Telo uses the same adapter as the Scout which is 5 volts.
A 12 volt adapter on a Telo will get you a cloud of smoke.
#53649 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 pm
murphy wrote:The Telo uses the same adapter as the Scout which is 5 volts.
A 12 volt adapter on a Telo will get you a cloud of smoke.

Yeah, that wouldn't be good. But could get the same voltage (5V) & amp rating 3 prong adapter to try if you can get a hold of one.
#55527 by Stackowax
Fri May 14, 2010 8:00 am
I've add the same problem--worked with Ooma for months to try to fix it. It never got resolved. I gave up.
#55531 by lbmofo
Fri May 14, 2010 8:46 am
I notice this recurring "click" with my ooma dialtone; however, I don't hear this during conversations.
#113730 by spinnaker
Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm
Just made my first call and I have the clicking too. Very annoying! The person on the other end can hear it too.

I am also hearing what wounds like musical chimes every couple of minutes. They are very brief. I have DSL and my phone is hardwired to the Telo. The Telo is between the modem and the router. The telephone is hardwired to the Telo. Voice quality is decent most of the time but will periodically drop out.

I also have Google Voice on my Android with a 3rd party app that allows me to make calls. I get excellent consistent voice quality with no clicking. People have told be it is as good or probably even better than a cell phone call so I can't see how the issue could be the internet with the Telo.

I have a DSL filter between the phone and the Telo. It just dawned on me that this filter is not needed since I am not attaching the phone to the same line as the modem. I will remove the filter and make a call and report back.
#113732 by WJMalan
Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm
I have an ooma telo and an ooma office. The telo has no clicking problem. The office does. The person on the non-ooma side of the conversation hears it. I have tested this with multiple configurations. Ooma sent me a replacement ooma office, and the same thing happens. The click is heard exactly every ten seconds.
#113744 by spinnaker
Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:38 pm
I tried making another call on the ooma with DSL filter removed, Clicking is still there. :( As the poster above I will be returning my ooma if clicking is not resolved.

This has to be a design issue. We can't all have the same clicking problem and it be our setup..
#113747 by WJMalan
Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:58 pm
cableguyjason wrote:We are experiencing a clicking noise. Callers can hear it on their end. We cannot hear it.

That is the same thing I get. In my case, it happens every 10 seconds; the person on the other end hears it. I even unplugged my linx devices in case they were causing it. Nope. This is really something Ooma has to figure out.