This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#52602 by tommies
Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:07 pm
You definitely want a new modem, not fixing the old one. If you are paying monthly rent, you should demand a new modem, no question ask.

Another issue that I don't see people pay enough attention is the coaxial cable itself. It has to be the correct spec.--ie RG11 for outside line (from the tab into the house) and RG6 for inside line. Grounding need to be done properly. All connectors need to be sealed against moisture, and old+cracked lines need to be replaced. All of this will severely affect the quality of the signals. I know all of this because these problems were the pain in my neck.
#52670 by DMRNYC
Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:36 pm
Thanks for the suggestion on new equipment. I will definitely push in that regard. As for the coax cable, I can have him test both internal and external. I know TWC; the external would be a huge fight (for an old apartment building in Manhattan).

David