This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51309 by Solana_Steve
Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:11 am
I have a HUB and Scout. When I call from the phone connect to the Scout, the outgoing volume is really low. How do i know if this is a problem with the phone or the Scout? Is there a good way to increase it?

Thanks,

Steve
#51762 by jdorin
Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm
Steve-

Are you saying that the person on the other end is reporting that your volume in his earpiece is too low .. or are you saying that you're not hearing yourself at all/not loud enough in your own earpiece?

I always experience the latter (not loud enough in my own earpiece) with my pre-Ooma phone (it's a GE Model No. 29318GE1-A desk phone) connected directly into my Hub. I don't like it this way, and I've posted discussions about this on the Ooma forums .. to which it seems like there's not much interest from others.

Jim
#51811 by southsound
Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 am
Solana_Steve wrote:I have a HUB and Scout. When I call from the phone connect to the Scout, the outgoing volume is really low. How do i know if this is a problem with the phone or the Scout? Is there a good way to increase it?

Thanks,

Steve

I don't know of any way to increase volume and as jdorin notes, it is a problem for some users. I do, however, have an idea for testing: try first calling someone who will work with you for a couple of calls. Ask them to rate the volume on a scale of 1-10 with each of the phones as they are now. Don't identify what phone is being used to your testing partner, but keep track of it yourself. Then, swap the phones. Have them use the same subjective rating on a call from each phone. If the ratings follow the phone, then you know it is the phone. If they follow the scout, then you know it is the scout. And then, if you would, report back to the forum to let us know your results.