This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#50631 by jgmulligan
Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm
I've had Ooma for 6-8 months with generally good call quality. However, my recent attempts to call various phone numbers in Ireland have produced very poor results. On most calls, all in the last week, the call goes through and I can hear the person on the other end intermittently, but they seemingly cannot hear me at all. I've had to give up and call them on Skype-out and that works perfectly. I don't understand it; they are both internet and both terminate at the recipients phone set.

Any ideas? Calls to the UK over Ooma in the same time period have been good.

John
#50632 by Davesworld
Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm
I do know that we are at the mercy of which of the three routes Ooma actually uses to route overseas calls as we have no clue what they are actually doing. There are Grey, White and Premium routes but seldom are these disclosed by ITSPs* much less given the choice to choose such as dialing 04 before the country code to get a premium route. Often the cost difference is in fractions of a penny per minute.

* Internet Telephone Service Provider