This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#50901 by JTalbert
Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 am
wildbill wrote:panasonic has never got it right with their cordless phones since day one. Even before Dect 6 was out.. I gave up on panasonic phones a long time ago.

Try using a Uniden.

Interesting. I have been using Panasonic phones for a few years, and my father even longer than I and up until the Ooma we have never had a problem with the Panasonic's.

What is wrong with the Panasonic phones and how is Uniden better? We have been thinking about getting new phones for a little while and possibly giving our current Panasonic's to my inlaws. But maybe not. What I like about the Panasonic is the phone directory stored in the base, so each handset has the same directory and love the talking Caller ID. I have not researched Uniden phones in years. Do they have phones that are comparable in features to the Panasonic?

I think my inlaws have unidens and they do not like them. I am not sure which ones they have by my mother inlaw has a bad habit, of when talking on the phone pressing buttons with her face and it really frustrates her. I think the handsets she has are too flat.. I will have to look at them them next time I am over there.